Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Night Of Navy Holiday Trio





Just playing around with my Stampin' Up! Sizzix dies trying to figure out which container would be the easiest to make if I needed something in a pinch. The altered Baskets & Blooms was my favorite to make.

Pillow Box die(item # 113466).

Petal Card die for the square box(#113467). Need four petal cards to make a 2-1/2" square gift box.

Baskets & Blooms die (item# 113484) I altered the Baskets & Blooms by using a 9" x 3-1/2" strip of paper. Scored in 3/8" from each side of the 3-1/2". Then along the long 9" side, scored at 3" & 6". Snipped a little triangle at the intersections on both sides. Finished basket is 2-1/2" deep X 4" wide.

Before assembling the boxes/baskets, I stamped with Versamark and embossed with silver embossing powder.

ALL STAMPIN' UP! products: Snow Swirled, Winter Post, Lovely As A Tree, Trees Three (retired), Cardstock is Night Of Navy.

The Baskets & Blooms basket would be gorgeous with a handful of fine chocolate wrapped in silver, wouldn't it?! What would you put in the basket??

6 comments:

Joyce Spear said...

OMG, these boxes are drop-dead GORGEOUS!! Honestly, my eyes popped when I saw the attachments to your LNS posts, so I had to come visit your blog to see more. I love your header, love your cards, and love your style! I can't wait to see more of your work! Awesome!!

TannyP said...

WOW! These are stunning - I absolutely love the colors and the images you've chosen! Gorgeous!!

sarahw said...

WOW! This are beautiful. I have to admit I never thought about embossing on those boxes. So great! :)

Colleen { HappyLittleArt } said...

These boxes are beautiful!! Who wouldnt want to get one of those!!? I think I'd put chocolates in there!! Beautiful!

Michelle Dawn said...

I love your boxes. They look so elegant! They are GORGEOUS! Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Donna A said...

Truly amazing work. You out did yourself with all the embossing.