Sunday, September 20, 2009

Biscuits, Cards & Trash



Hubby used our new oven to make homemade biscuits. His first attempt I might add and he made them with a heart shaped cookie cutter. How sweet is that?!


One of my favorite new sets from Stampin' Up! is the Chic Boutique set. I had this set with me Friday night when I met up with my card making buddies. One of the ladies placed little gift bags at each seat with goodies and embellishments for us. I was inspired by the colors of the felt flowers and the store had some paper that coordinated with the embellishments.

I used the flourish frame from the set to decorate the corners of the focal panel. I stamped twice and then used Stampin' Up! Watercolor Pencils to color the flourish. Struggled for a bit knowing I wanted to add another color, but wasn’t sure which one. Then I spied a piece of teal paper in the trashcan, so I pulled it out, gave it a scallop edge and added it to the card. Très Chic, don’t you think?


I created a vintage style Christmas card with my new Dasher stamp from Stampin' Up! Used Versa-Mark on the horns and Close To Cocoa on his body. Huffed, stamped and sprinkled Gold embossing powder on his horns. French Script background stamp to add interest to the background and snowflakes in the corners. Sponge dauber to shade the edges of the focal panel. Stampin' Up! Petals-A-Plenty for a embossed poinsettia effect. Ribbon treatment and pop dot focal and the card is complete. This is a really quick and easy card.



If you would like to purchase your Stampin' Up! supplies from me, visit my website HERE.
*~~click on the images for a larger view~~*

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those biscuits look good! Both your cards are fabulous!

leanne said...

Those look delicious! I love the hearts. And, WOW! your cards are beautiful! Great blog:)

Joan B said...

Yum, the biscuits look amazing, and the cardis adorable!! Love the ribbon. I see what you mean!