Saturday, July 4, 2009

Three Stooges



Happy 4th to everyone!! I woke up to a scrumptious waffle made by my wonderful hubby. What a way to start the day!

You probably want to know why the blog title for the day is "Three Stooges". I asked hubby to name this card and he replied with "Three Stooges". After I stopped laughing, I asked "why?". He replied "because they look like they are having a good time". I'm sure my blog readers can come up with a *better name*. I was just brain dead. I'm not good at naming....(throwing modesty out the window) I'm good at designing. :-)


One of my friends owns drawers of Penny Black stamps. (You know who you are) Most of them have never been inked up, sooooo I asked to borrow some. I thought I better prove they aren't collecting dust in my craft room before I begin to resemble a kettle. ~wink~ The tilted panel and layout is sure to make those symmetrical loving people go nuts. Awww, just my style! Scraps from this *CARD* were still lying next to my cutter, so I grabbed that as a starting point. Went through my scraps and pulled out pieces that coordinated, then used my SU markers to color the image stamped with StazOn on watercolor paper. SU Ticket Corner punch (Item 107214 $6.95) to add interest to the tilted panel, stamped sentiment from SU Crazy For Cupcakes (Item # 111618 $23.95) and added the little cupcake from the Short & Sweet set(Item 115060 $18.95). Finished it off by using a Sakura glitter pen to color in the cake. You can't really tell in the photograph, but it's really sparkly in person. Gotta run....it's *Party Time*!

5 comments:

DisneyDiva2 said...

You gotta love friends with extra Penny Black stamps. Fantastic job on the card. Waffles look great.
Lori

Mary G. said...

I LOVE Penny Black images. You did a fabulous job with this one!

Anonymous said...

Great card! . . . and what a nice Hubby for treating you. Hope you both had a great Fourth of July. I see it started out that way.
- Rachel

Scootsie9 said...

What a cute card!! I thought for a moment - don't I own this stamp? And now I know - I do. Love the card!!

Chrissy C said...

WOW! What a wonderful thing you're doing here! I love your blog. I signed up through feedblitz to get updates!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving those sweet comments!