Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sunny Day Hedgehog and template




I was feeling extra happy today after ending a phone call with one of my absolute favorite loved ones, therefore I felt compelled to design a happy card. I had some colored panels with the hedgehogs from my last card still lying out. I messed up the coloring on one panel, so I decided to save what I could and cut out one of the little guys. I used the Spellbinder's flower die to frame the little scene. I used that as a guideline and hand drew a large flower for the card base.

Hand cut a flower stem for him to hold the flower I punched out with Stampin' Up! Trio Flower punch (Item# 109183). Sponged sky with dauber and Bashful Blue ink. All coloring is done with Stampin' Up! markers. Penny Black little butterfly stamp. Carefully cut him out and pop dotted him.

Stamped and embossed with Iridescent Ice the flourish from Stampin' Up! Priceless set (Item #115052) on the yellow card base. Added green bow and pierced holes around the flower scene to make it stand out. Added a little pearl to the middle of the flower and I felt satisfied.

I am happy to share my Sunny Day Flower template if you want to make your own. Just leave a comment or email me and I'll send it to you. The skunk from Pun Fun would be really cute in the scene too. hmmmmmm....off I go. ;-)

13 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your happy card, so darling.

Deb said...

You did an awesome job cutting out the flower base for this card!! I love the little hedgie and his flower, so cute!! :-)

Sassy's Ramblin's said...

This is adorable! Thanks so much for sharing. I would love the template! :-)

sassyscrapin1 at yahoo dot com

DisneyDiva2 said...

Cute!!!!! Just makes you want to smile. Love it.
Lori

Barbara said...

I would love to have this template. I think your blog is wonderful and your mission is even better..
TFS,
Barb S
stamper0910@yahoo.com

Sue from Oregon said...

Thanks for your comment on my house mouse card on SCS this morning...I am so excited to find your wonderful blog! I will be back later to look at all your creations when I get home from work! Wonderful stuff here!

penzilla76 said...

That is a very happy card. I love yellow, so that card just speaks to me. Thanks for sharing. I may have to "copy" this one.

Crafty-liz said...

Hi
Love the card. I would appreciate a copy of your template.
Lizette

Mary said...

Very cute card! Yes, I would like the template too!
imacrafty1 at sbcglobal dot net.
TFS!!

Anonymous said...

What a "bright & cheery" card!!! I would love it--if you could send be your template!!! Thanks for sharing!!! :-)

KJ
kajmej at sbcglobal dot net

JBsDesktop said...

What a lovely sunny card! I have the graphic - I would love to use your template for the card. Joy

Anonymous said...

I would love the template please email cait....
Thank you!! Caitlin

fabie said...

I've juste discovered your flower card. Is is not to late to ask for the template???

I hope not.

PS I'm a cat lover too. For the moment I've got 3, 3 others died, and our fourth living one has decided to go living by the neighbours...