Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hang In There & New Oven



I finally have a post to let you know what I have been up to. I'm super busy with several projects. One including researching a new oven for the home. Ours went kaput while broiling steaks for dinner earlier this week. We had to finish them in a toaster oven in three batches. We got a good laugh out of it. I love to bake and cook, so it's imperative that we have a working oven. I think the decision is for a glass top convection oven. It's capable of baking 100 cookies at once. Heart swoon...... This will cut holiday baking down by several hours. I'm so excited!! Not to mention the fact that the store is offering Zero % interest and no payments for one full year. I love that option and have purchased most of our big appliances this way. The new oven has started a frenzy of new ideas for holiday goodies. One of my frequently fought over holiday goodies is Almond Toffee. Last year I found these felt buckets that had snowflakes embroidered on the front and I snagged several at $1 each. I used them as packaging for my Christmas Toffee. Aren't they cute!

I know, I know...get on with the card info. ;-) This is one of the cards the ladies wanted me to include in the July card class. They LOVED it!! It's such a cheerful card, how could you not?


Used Stampin'Up! (SU) Eyelet Border punch for the decorative edge on the purple paper. Stampin' Up! (SU) Top Note die with watercolor paper and SU markers to color the Penny Black image. Sponged clouds in SU Bashful Blue around the image. SU Sizzlits Little Leaves die for the leaves I tucked in around the layered flowers from SU Boho Blossoms punch. Printed the sentiment on my computer and punched out with SU oval punches. Used the paper piercer and mat pack to add interest to the sentiment oval.

This card is available for those wishing to donate to animal shelters by purchasing a set of my hand made cards. I will be back this week with some more cards! Please join me in my mission.

5 comments:

Donna A. said...

Love those little felt buckets. Great idea for all the holiday goodies.

Super Cute Hang in There card.

Congrats on the new oven choice. I'm sure you'll love it and you'll be baking up a storm.

Anonymous said...

So very cute.... the coloring is great and I love the image itself! Very nice. And good luck on your stove shopping. I had to do the same thing earlier this summer with my refrigerator! rita w

Daisydaze said...

Those little buckets are adorable...great gift idea. Your card is very cute!

Have fun baking with your new stove; a good oven makes all the difference in a good cookie!

Becky Jensen said...

Just think how easy it would be to make those little buckets with the Stampin' Up! baskets and Blooms die. It looks just like that!! Thanks for sharing the idea!

Anonymous said...

Just found your site and love your style. Very cute and creative cards. Can't seem to find your email address, but whoud llove to receive Sunny Day Flower template from you. my email is cei2020@gmail.com. Thanks in advance, Jackie M from Oregon