Thursday, September 4, 2008

Birthday Purse

No new cards yet, but I wanted to share a purse I designed in July for a friends birthday. I gifted her with some of my jewelry pieces she had been admiring. She likes the art of paper crafting too, so I decided to make a unique gift bag to accompany the jewelry. I used retired Stampin' Up! design paper, lots of die cuts, chocolate chip colored paper and ribbon for the handles. Let's not forget the butterflies! After I completed the purse, I ran the scraps through my paper shredder, crinkled them up and added them as filler.

I just received a huge shipment of rubber stamps, supplies and the Big Shot!! Can hardly wait to play with that! Must concentrate on completing the card kits for the card class. Then I can attack my new toys. Cheers!

10 comments:

paulssandy said...

What a wonderful gift bag! I really like th idea of using the left over paper as filler!

Anonymous said...

This is just fabulous, Elizabeth! I love your work and you always leave such rockin' comments! If you check my blog today, I left a little award for you.

Lorraine said...

very pretty. It looks like much work went into it. I'm sure she loved this.

Cindy Haffner said...

Super pretty, love all your flowers.

~ j said...

this is a really cute purse bag!

Stacey Schafer said...

What a fun bag! TFS:)

Anonymous said...

So fun! You have given me a craving for my die cuts now....

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Wonderful! Love the bright fun colours and all the flowers!

Ann said...

Oh, this is so cute! I love the colors and all the flowers--very fun! :D

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is awesome!! Gorgeous gift bag!